Thursday, December 29, 2016

have yourself a Lush Christmas




I know it's a little late for a Lush Christmas haul. But a) you can always plan for next year, b) there might be some left in stores and c) I don't care. ;)

 Lush

Butterbear



This is a repurchase. During the year you get the same smell as the Butterball bath bomb which is not quite as pretty since it is only a white ball. I feel like it is one the more subtle smelling bath bombs.  The vanilla and cocoa butter are more like a soothing background smell. When you put it into your bath it smells and feels very relaxing. The cocoa butter is also very nourishing for your skin so you can spend a long time reading in your bathtub. ;)



The Magic of Christmas



Oh my gaawd! This bubble bar smells like heaven! I am an absolute sucker for anything cinnamon. Mixed with clove it is the perfect Christmas combination. It is also the prettiest of them all. It glitters, it’s a star, it has a bell, a bow and a cinnamon stick.. What more could you possibly want? It should last for a couple of bubble baths if you make sure it dries after you use it.



Lord of Misrule



This one is a hidden beauty! When you put it in the water it turns it green and pink. Lush says “Inspired by the ruler of the pagan Feast of Fools, Lord Of Misrule has a deep green exterior that slowly froths away to reveal a rich wine-colored center. Just like at the Feast of Fools, when the wine starts to flow, the popping candy crackles and the festivities begin...” What exactly is the Fest of Fools? Anyway.. It is supposed to smell like patchouli and black pepper oil. I have no idea what patchouli is or smells like. For me it smells sweet and like Christmas. Thank god it doesn't smell like pepper. That would be awful!



Shoot for the Stars



This one had a new look so I didn’t recognize it at first. I love that they added some sparkle. I’ll probably be covered in glitter after my bath but I feel like that is acceptable in winter. If you have never used a Lush bath bomb you don’t know what you are missing out on. Just watching them come to life in your bathtub is extremely satisfying and exciting. I am not the biggest fan of citrusy scents but it does add some freshness. Although the caramel honey scent is definitely stronger than the orange.



Stardust



Vanilla, rosewood and bergamot. Yes, yes, and I guess so, but I don’t know what bergamot smells like. Sorry. It is sweet but not overpowering, a little like Butterbear. On the website it says that it releases some actual stars when you put it in your bathtub. I can’t wait to find out if that is true. It is pretty plain to look at but with the promised effect I am all about it!



They didn’t have some of my favorite smells I loved in 2014. I was so sad to find out that Holly Golightly and the Melting Snowman didn’t appear in this year’s Christmas edition. If they bring out the Melting Snowman ever again I will stock up on it like a crazy person. It is my absolute favorite of all Lush smells ever!
By the way I just realized that Holly Golightly is a character from Breakfast at Tiffany's which I am currently reading. Woooooow! Mind. Blown!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment